Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome!

Another day, another new blog, right?  I don't normally throw things out for internet immortality, mainly because I'm not that interesting, and I like my privacy, and I wonder if I'll get bored with posting and let it die off like so many projects I've begun before.  But despite my pessimism and apparent disinterest, I have considered starting a blog for a few years.  Why on earth would I do such a thing?

Well, mainly because I'm a computer engineer by trade, and I often go looking for solutions to some problem I'm facing on Google, and sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for.  Sometimes it seems like it should be an issue everyone must have faced at some point, but for some reason no one thought to mention it.

So the purpose of starting a blog is so that when I search around the internet for some solution and can't find one, I can post it here where it can be indexed by Google, hopefully to be found by the next guy who searches the internet with the same problem.  My way of giving back to the community, or maybe just to justify the extra hours I spent trying to make my code a little easier or more elegant.

And what the hell, since I already have a blog here maybe I'll post about a few other things I'm interested in.  Maybe you'll care or maybe you won't, either way it makes it easier for me to cross-post between social networks, right?  But if just one programmer saves an hour because of something I posted, well then I'll have achieved my goal, and someday this blog can die happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment